Juventus Manager, Maurizio Sarri has confirmed that his star forward Mario Mandzukic has not been taking part in
Juventus training as he prepares for a January exit.
The former Bayern München striker has been tipped to join Manchester United when the transfer window re-opens and bolster Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s attacking options having not played a single minute under Sarri at the Allianz Stadium and reportedly held talks with Qatari side Al Rayyan last month.
The Italian Giant sporting director Fabio Paratici had earlier confirmed that talks with Mandzukic over his future will happen this week.
“With Mandzukic, we chose a quiet time for him to leave but a move to Qatar [in the summer] did not materialise so he stayed with us,” Paratici said.
“Now we will talk to him and see what happens in January.
We are evaluating, he is also evaluating. We need maximum calm, he is a great player.
“It has been an added value in recent years, we must thank him. If he considers it appropriate to leave, we will satisfy him, otherwise he will consider other solutions.”
Maurizio Sarri made the statement while speaking to the press on Friday
He said “Mandzukic is not training with us, in agreement with the club.”
“If the agreement changes, I am open to everything.”
According to reports Mandzukic is set to be offered an 18-month deal at Old Trafford, worth around £4.4million per year.